From Huffington Post:
Anyone who wants to argue that Romney would be worse when it comes to medical marijuana should begin by explaining how. Really, how would he be worse? The Obama Administration is already doing every single awful thing that can be done short of suspending all other federal law enforcement functions and spending the next 4 years demolishing dispensaries one at a time. They’re raiding businesses, prosecuting providers, intimidating landlords, suing operators on bogus tax claims, threatening to arrest state regulators, blocking medical research, and even banning gun ownership by patients. I honestly doubt Romney could be any worse than this if he tried.
For some horrible reason, the Obama Administration is at war with medical marijuana on every imaginable front and it’s ridiculous to rationalize any of this with fictitious partisan comparisons. That’s pure political hackery that serves only to distract us from placing the blame where it belongs. Anyone who wants to help re-elect the president should stop making excuses for what he’s done and instead insist that he clean up his act before November.
- Mitt Romney to wheelchair-bound medical marijuana patient: “I don’t support medical marijuana. Bye.” (boingboing.net)
- Romney Dodges Questions About the Marijuana (reason.com)
- Mitt On Pot: Activists Fail To Smoke Him Out (huffingtonpost.com)
- Medical Marijuana Is Not An “Issue of Significance” to Mitt Romney (reason.com)
- Scott Morgan: Would Romney Be Worse for Medical Marijuana Than Obama? (huffingtonpost.com)