This will relieve depression, give you the greatest sleep ever, is a muscle relaxant for MS and spinal cord injury-related spasticity, helps arthritic pain, digestive problems, anxiety and PTSD (& more) – without any of the negative mental effects that some find with smoking.
Recipe for one dose
- chop a good sized bud into a powder, go at it with a sharp knife until it’s fluffy, removing stems. this will expose as much of the plant matter to the heat as possible. use smoking-quality bud, and since this is to be taken at nighttime, try to use an Indica strain. remember, it takes from 3-5 times more cannabis to make an edible dose as compared with smoking. (although it will last 6-8 hours)
- put it in a little oven safe bowl and put the bowl in a baking pan to prevent spillage.
- bake in the oven at 212F -225F for 10 minutes; this gets the cannabinoids, the medicine, to open up and begin to release. you should begin to smell a yummy smell at about 9 min.
- remove from oven and pour coconut oil over the plant matter, just enough to cover. (you can use any high heat oil, but this goes well with chocolate and melts quickly, meaning you can dose by letting it melt on your tongue – it will take effect in seconds.)
- put it back in the oven at 212F -225F for 1 hour.
- take it out of the oven, and mix in broken pieces of Ghiradelli chocolate squares (60% chocolate is good, found in the baking section). for really strong medicine, you can use equal parts oil and chocolate. use up to 4 times as much chocolate – mix it in this same bowl with the oil, leaving the plant matter (do not strain out the cannabis as with cannabutter).
- the chocolate will melt fast, keep stirring.
- allow to cool & pour it into a zip-lock baggie, lay it flat in the refrigerator. you could also coat a pan with butter and pour the chocolate in there. alternately, you could get little tins for ‘peanut butter cups’ and make them with freshly ground almond butter, pouring the chocolate on top.
- remove when hardened (10 minutes) and break or cut into squares.
The bigger the dose, the better it works, and you won’t end up feeling drugged in the morning. It will take some experimenting to see what the right dose is for you (called “titration”). Try this for the first time when you don’t have to work the next morning. The oil recipe is actually for topical use (you want to strain out the plant matter if using topically).
The oil is the medicine. You can make this oil into a salad dressing, or put it on toast, use it for frying eggs… it’s unbelievably easy and healing to eat cannabis!